Originally I came up with this idea as something to post onto WGWT, but I figured it wise to share it with you guys first! Below I have gathered fashion pieces that I think are necessary for a beach day in honor of the beginning of Summer (as I write this, it is actually pouring rain outside… so maybe this is my way of fantasizing about the perfect weather that could be… haha). This is part one of my Beach Day Essentials consisting of only fashion pieces (minus the random camera), my part two post will be “Beauty Essentials” which I will be posting later on this week. I will also have all the items linked below in case any of you were interested in where to buy them. Heeeeeeeere we go!
1. A Kimono Cover-up – If you get a bit chilly on the beach or if you don’t feel like grabbing an ice-cream cone in just your bathing suit (lets get real here it’s way too much effort to throw all your clothes back on), a kimono is a great way to… you know… not feel so naked… or cold
2. A Hat – Protect your beautiful face from harm from the sun with a gorgeous sun hat, fedora, baseball cap, or this straw hat! (Nobody likes a sunburnt peeling face).
3. Sunnies – Sunglasses are a wonderful accessory to add onto any look in the Summer, but is also very important to protect those eyes! (Just make sure you don’t wear them too long… sunglass tanlines are so not cute)
4. Bathing Suit – This one is pretty self explanatory. I went for a strapless top to prevent strappy tan-lines! (Also I think the frills are really pretty)
5. Body Chain – I’ve never actually been into body chains, not until recently. They look really cute with a bathing suit (as long as you don’t get a tanline from them because that would look totally freaky), and I actually really like this one because it’s simple.
6. Beach Bag – This is a necessity to put all your stuff in… Duh! You can’t just carry a grocery bag filled with stuff to the beach!… Well I mean you could but this bag with lemons on it would probably look 600x more fabulous.
7. Super Awesome Beach Towel – I personally like to separate my super awesome printed beach towels from my bathing/showering towels… but maybe that’s just me?
8. Flippy Flops – Bring sandals that are not too precious to you (but they can still be stylish like the ones in the picture above). Like for example don’t bring your favorite pair of white cotton sandal wedges because chances are they are going to get dirty and that would probably make you extremely sad.
9. Camera – Capture the memories with your friends. Beach days are the days in the Summer we live for, why not remember them clearly with pictures? I have been wanting this camera for ages and I think it’s time that I got onto the bandwagon. Afterall, look how small and cute it is. How can you not want it? (It comes in a couple other colors too!)
All the items shown can be found at the links below:
Thanks for reading, hope you’ll tune in for part two!